Thursday, October 24, 2013

Personal Recap/Events This Week

Last year I rode in five of the ten shows and placed fifth in two of them and sixth in two of them. In order for me to point up into the next class I need to earn a total of 36 points. With my placings last year, I earned a total of six points so over the course of this year I need to accumulate 30 points.

This week starting today is a busy week and weekend for the equestrian team. Tonight we have our fundraiser at Potbelly's which we call Potbelly's for Ponies. We get a certain percentage of the total proceeds they make between 5:00 and 8:00pm and no flyers are required, all people have to do to support the team is come and eat during that time. Tomorrow night is our team Halloween party. It's an opportunity for us to get together as a team and dress up in costumes. There will be a costume contest for both individual and big/little costumes along with other Halloween and Fall activities.

This weekend is the first horse show at Saint Mary of the Woods College! I will be riding on Sunday in the last class of the day but I will be leaving with the team on Saturday morning at 6:00am and stay the entire weekend to support the team. Typically, those of us who stay both days don't get much sleep on show weekends so I will be prepared to be completely worn out by the time I get back on Sunday evening. 

There are no pictures in this post but there will be plenty in the next one from the fundraiser, the Halloween party, and the horse show. The next post will be a big recap of these four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment