Saturday, December 7, 2013

Post Three of Three: Final Notes

For my last post I wanted to just wrap up the semester a little bit. From a horse show standpoint, we ended the semester as regional champions. Next semester we will have two horse show weekends which is a total of four shows that we will be trying to maintain that lead so that we can take a team to Zones in Wisconsin in April. 

This semester we also elected our new executive board for 2014 and I was elected for the chronicler position! My job is to keep track of everyone's points for the team and to make sure that my records line up with the regional point keeper's records. The other officers are as follows:
President: Molly Schlagel
Vice President: Alyssa Zielinski
Secretary: Jessica Nelson
Treasurer: Alexa Clarisse
Assistant Treasurer: Cassie Kramer
Public Relations: Laura Hudec
Alumni Representative: Darby Dyar
Chronicler: Kira Cazenave
Ag Council Representative: Claire Larson
Horse Care Manager: Kelsey Braaten 
So far we all work very well together and will be able to lead the team to a continued successful season and successful future seasons. 

This weekend we had our annual holiday party that was hosted by Kristin Zabrecky. We always host our parties at someone's house or apartment and this was my favorite PET party in all the time that I have been on the team. We played minute to win it games, decorated Christmas ornaments, did a white elephant gift exchange which I got a fleece blanket from, and just had a chance to socialize and relax before finals week starts. I decorated three ornaments. I made one that was a horse head which I painted to look like my sweet Star (who I'll be seeing tomorrow!!!) and I made a couple other ornaments for my two best tuba friends that I'll give to them next time I see them. 

This has been a great semester with the team I love and I'm looking forward to what next semester has in store for me.
Left to right: Alyssa Zielinski (Vice President), Molly Schlagel (President), Alexa Clarisse (Treasurer)
Jessica Nelson (Secretary)
Cassie Kramer (Assistant Treasurer)
Laura Hudec (Public Relations)
Darby Dyar (Alumnni Rep.), Kira Cazenave (Chronicler)
Claire Larson (Ag Council Rep.)
Kelsey Braaten (Horse Care Manager)

Some Christmas Party Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment